After BBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small Dinner

Go down 
+2
Jacob Daniels
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Total Posts : 125

Character
Job: Musician
Blood: Pure blood

Small Dinner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 am

"Stick to music, my friend!"

Julian laughed, "Music was a late love, but it's the greatest," he replied.
Back to top Go down
http://julianauriole.livejournal.com
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Total Posts : 67

Character
Job: Writer
Blood: Muggle born

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 12:57 am

Jacob laughed, "it's only because I banish her when she's in my kitchen, it's her form of pay back," he winked.

He noticed Dianna moving towards the dinner table and remembered that there was something he'd forgotten to do. "Oh, Dianna," he pulled his wand out from up his sleeve. "No need," he waved at the cupboards and eight dishes, side dishes, knives, forks, spoons, water glasses and wine glasses flew from the cupboard and placed themselves around the dining table, on top of a white tablecloth. He then waved once more and eight cloth napkins flew out and folded themselves into origami-like stars which centered themselves where the dinner plates would be going.

He adressed the rest of the room, "would you all like to seat yourselves? I'm sure Maria is nearly ready."
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 am

"Would you all like to seat yourselves? I'm sure Maria is nearly ready."

Having spoken of late loves, Julian scanned the room looking for Elise, whom he found trying to sneak into the bathroom, probably to hide from his "anger". Seriously, he sometimes couldn't understand whether she was an adult acting like a child, or a child still, acting all mature for her age. Either way, she was his late love, and he's got to make her behave.

"Come on," Julian went over to where she was and gently placed two hands on her bare shoulders, steering her towards the direction of the dining table.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Total Posts : 26

Character
Job: Lawyer

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 am

Would you all like to seat yourselves? I'm sure Maria is nearly ready.

"Very nice." Nicholas complimented Jacob's handiwork as he gallantly led Dianna to the elegantly laid dinner table, and presented her seat with flourish.

"I suppose you and Maria competed in Charms classes at the Academy?" He chuckled, as he waited for Elise to arrive before taking his seat.
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Total Posts : 42

Character
Job: Violin Student

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 am

Elise laughed, allowing Julian to direct her back to where the others were already gathering. She turned back to him and pouted, softly asking, "You're not angry, right?", knowing all too well that he wasn't even in the slightest.

Arriving by the table, Elise resumed her manners and readily behaved on behalf of Julian, whom she assumed felt she was his responsibility. Really, he could play the part of "older brother" perfectly, it was unnerving to think that she was actually in-love with this guy.
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Total Posts : 89

Character
Job: Tutor/Law Student

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:45 am

"I hope you're all famished...there's quite a lot of food, and Jacob and I can't possibly finish it all." Came Maria's cheery voice as an assortment of steaming dishes came floating towards the table followed by the brunette.

"Gently, now.” She reminded as the steaming pot of thick tomato soup nearly toppled over the pile of freshly baked crab quiches that were now cleverly distributed themselves onto the dishes that her fiancé had thoughtfully laid out.

"Jacob, would you mind fetching the wine? It's on the left counter." Maria tossed him a smile as she carefully supervised as the broth began to serve their guests, situated around the table.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:36 am

"You're not angry, right?" Came along with the prettiest pout in the world, beating Maria's record only by a few shivers in Julian's spine.

"Silly," he muttered, pulling a chair for Elise and then seating himself on the chair next to her, after making sure she was well and comfortable.

"It smells really good," Julian remarked, seeing the food Maria had prepared for them. Who cares if he can cook, the more important thing is to eat.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:52 am

Jacob nodded, and went to get the wine that Maria had directed him to. He picked it up and checked the covering to see what vintage it was. "Looks tasty," he complimented Nicholas and Diana.

He brought the wine over and handed it to Maria, then went to take a seat around the table.
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 am

Elise smiled her thanks upon being assisted to her chair, although it made her uncomfortable that Julian was doing it in front of everyone. It was just a weird feeling to see Julian being quite a gentleman.

"It smells really good," Julian had complimented, while, "Looks tasty," came from Jacob in favor of the wine that Nicholas and Dianna brought. Elise had the urge to add her own compliment, but she was unable to do so, refusing to merely mimic the men's empty words. Well, maybe if they could just taste the food and drinks for real, then she can finally pass judgment on the delicious-looking and tasty-smelling feast before them.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 am

((Okay, so I've already tried to write this but stupid ABBA logged me out because I took too long, anyway... time will fast forward in this post. So that we can get to the point of this meal... Just post what your character eats, says, does, etc in your post afterwards and then your reaction to the engagement (oops, did I spoil it?? :S Wink )...))

Jacob smiled around the group as everyone got themselves settled and the food was laid out on the table, the warm smells of the Tomato Soup and the toasted baguettes was making his stomach rumble. Along with the bread and soup was a Frisée Salad.

As the group helped themselves to the tasty food, Jacob shared a secret smile with his fiance, they had decided that they were going to wait until after the main course to share their new surprise.

As Maria flicked her wand once the entrees were done, the dishes floated away and with another graceful wave, the main course came in. Chicken a la Creme and Beef Daube with Wild Mushrooms were what was on the menu that evening and once again, the smells were overwhelming Jacob. He would never get over Maria's cooking.

As they finished their mains Jacob felt his stomach turned, and it didn't have anything to do with the food. He was nervous as to how the reaction of their friends would turn out.

He reached for his fork and tapped it lightly against the side of his wine glass. He cleared his throat. "Um... I'd like to say a few words if I may..." he began and gave a nervous glance at his fiance who currently had her left hand out view.

"Firstly, I'd like to thank you for coming to dinner, it's really great to be able to catch up with you all and to hear what you've been getting up to..." he cleared his throat once more. "There is a reason, believe it or not, that we asked you all here," he smiled a little sheepishly. "The other day I asked Maria a question I've been wanting to ask her once more since the day she first told me no. I asked Maria to marry me," he looked once more at his fiance and smiled.

"And she said yes... So the two of us wanted you, being our dearest friends, to be the first to know," he told them with a finish.
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:11 am

Despite the amount of time she had taken to meticulously prepare the food, she could barely eat any of it, let alone pretend to. Avoiding Nicholas's gaze, who the witch was certain would be slightly suspicious over her lack of appetite, Maria busied herself by urging her friends and family to take second helpings, thirds, and even fourths if they could possibly manage it.

Um... I'd like to say a few words if I may...

Listening to Jacob speak brought a smile to Maria's face. She remembered how as a teenager he had never been the most confident person; something that had changed over time.

The other day I asked Maria a question I've been wanting to ask her once more since the day she first told me no. I asked Maria to marry me...

Her pale cheeks blushed pink, as she lowered her gaze shyly as Jacob finally broke the news of their upcoming marraige.

"Sorry, to keep it a secret." Maria added, as he finished his brief speech, "Not that you didn't guess already, right?" She teased, tossing a glance in Julian's direction.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Total Posts : 40

Character
Job: Wizarding Therapist
Blood: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:29 am

"Oh, Maria!" The blonde witch flung her hands to her face in surprise, her brown eyes warm and positively glowing with delight for the new soon-to-be-married couple. She had remembered how often Maria had spoken about Jacob, and the way she hesitated, skirting on some topics only made Dianna guess at the history between them.

Of course, she had never thought that it was because she had turned down his proposal. The young woman glanced over at her husband, wondering if he knew. After all, they were quite close.

"This is such good news," Dianna smiled warmly, "And I am so very happy for the both of you.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:16 am

Julian paid attention when Jacob began to speak, but realized that what he was about to say wasn't unfamiliar with him. Nor with Elise.

He kept silent, acknowledging Maria's glance with a grin. He looked at Elise and signalled to her that they weren't supposed to know it and to make his point more clearly, Julian raised his glass with a smile.

"Well, all I can say is congratulations to the two of you!" he cheered, beaming at his two friends.
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 am

Elise was already grinning from ear to ear, the moment Jacob began to speak. She thought he was going to thank them for coming to their engagement party and that he'll be reciting off wedding details already. But wait, was he, did he just said that--?

"And she said yes... So the two of us wanted you, being our dearest friends, to be the first to know."

She immediately turned to Julian, who in his familiar way communicated to her that she should act surprised; it was bad enough that it didn't come out as one already. The nineteen-year-old realized that she wasn't supposed to know, so she decided to act accordingly.

Wiping away the look of surprise that crossed her face, Elise' features broke into a relaxed smile and said, "I'm really happy for you both, this is-- well, what a really nice surprise!" she managed to say. Elise really wanted to laugh. Julian shouldn't have told her.

She decided to convey this to him through a swift kick of the leg under the table.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:03 am

An hour or so later...

"Thank you for inviting us to dinner, and congratulations again," Nicholas spoke as he helped his wife into her coat. It was getting late, and the couple thought it was about time to say their goodbyes. They just returned from Britain after all!

Diana reached for Maria's hands and gave the a squeeze,

"We cannot even begin to express how happy this news makes us," she said sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 am

Her close friend's words touched Maria as she squeezed her hands back,

"Thank you for coming. Thank you, for everything." she laughed, "This would not be possible without you."

The brunette glanced shyly between Nicholas and Dianna who had helped her so much during her years in England, and were the reason she had found the courage to come back to France. And in the end, back to Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:17 am

"Peace be with you." Dianna smiled, touching her friend's cheek before her bronze-haired husband gently led her away as the door of the apartment fell shut behind them. Together they made their way through the dark night until they reached past the Anti-Apparation borders that surrounded the block.

There was the rustling of cloth as Nicholas reached for her hand, and brought it to his lips,

"Let's go home."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Dinner   Small Dinner - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Dinner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2