After BBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why No Peeking?

Go down 
+2
Jacques Mathieu
Julian Auriole
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Total Posts : 125

Character
Job: Musician
Blood: Pure blood

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:39 am

Right now, Julian was a real dandy, that's for sure.

Of course, at 25, he was as normal as anyone else, but for this occasion, the former Eau was too caught up in making himself presentable for the most important event in the lives of two of his greatest friends. Being overly-concerned wasn't him though, and instead of playing things cool like he normally does, Julian felt agitated, as if he wanted to make sure of just the one thing before he can go on and finish his tie.

Tie dangling unceremoniously around his neck, Julian paced the dressing room for the groom and groomsmen. It was a good thing that Julian was a lazy man, for after making the house elf dizzy pacing back and forth after him, the lighthaired best man finally decided to stay put, or at least, sit down.

It didn't take long though, for at that precise moment, Nicholas strode in the room. Julian jumped out of his chair and said, in an alarmed state of voice, "I'm going out to see Maria."
Back to top Go down
http://julianauriole.livejournal.com
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Total Posts : 49

Character
Job: Magical Blacksmith
Blood: Half blood

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Adjusting the tight bow around his neck, Jacques stood in front of the mirror slightly tweaked. Not only had he never seen a real wedding take place, for he had opted out of the school weddings during that time, but he had absolutely never been a part of one. Fixing it finally by being lazy, Jacques whipped out his wand and made his tie perfect. He hadn't had at tuxedo of his own, so the rental would have to do. It was unfortunate that he was not as well off as his friends, but he couldn't help it with the circumstances his family had been put under. Living in a shack didn't really scream monetary wealth.

With his tie finished, the man checked his pocket watch and popped on his sunglasses, swinging around the room to grab Julian by the shoulders. No matter how much older the former Eau was than Jacques, Jacques was still taller and could manage a bit of feral strength should he need it.

"Julian...take a deep breath." Jacques wasn't going to let go until Julian had listened to him. It was bad enough that the elder man was freaking out, but going out to see the bride as she was getting prepared was probably not the best idea, even if Jacques didn't know much about weddings. As for Jacques' duties at the wedding, he could be a simple guest, but he had arranged himself so that he could dress accordingly for any role and he would also be ready to help in an instant. There was no saying what Jacob would be acting like if Julian was this worried about what was going on. Hopefully Jacques didn't have to host prewedding therapy sessions. That might not work out so well.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Julian...take a deep breath.

Julian then had no choice, for despite his state of paranoia, he daren't oppose any logic that was thrown at him. Of course, he had to calm down. Maria's just about to get married, apparently. And then what? Out of his life? Julian obviously hasn't gotten over with the fact that he was going to hand his bestfriend over to the wedding altar (and he has quite forgotten that it was Maria's father's job, not his) and call her Mrs. Daniels after the ceremony. Sure he was happy when he was told of the engagement, and happier when he was asked to be the best man, then happiest that the wedding was finally taking place.

But now, realizing a bit too late that it was Maria's last day as a Doloresta...

Nicholas simply chuckled at Julian. "I was ordered by the wife to keep all the men away from Maria," he replied to Julian's half-panicked statement and quoting Dianna earlier, "..'That includes that rascal Julian as well'... and apparently, myself, said she." Nicholas shrugged. The man acknowledged the presence of Jacques, before patting Julian on the shoulder and checking in to see how Jacob was doing. If the best man was acting strange, Nicholas wondered how the groom himself was faring.

"I'm a rascal?" Julian raised his brow.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Total Posts : 67

Character
Job: Writer
Blood: Muggle born

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

To the side of the larger room where his groomsmen and Jacques were waiting, Jacob stood trying to keep himself calm. Today was the big day. Today was the day that he and Maria would finally start their lives together as husband and wife. And honestly, Jacob did not feel prepared at all. He took another shaky breath and felt his shoulders loosen just a tiny bit, only to tighten up at the prospect of what the rest of his life would be.

It's not that Jacob didnt want to marry Maria, he wanted it more then anything, he just did not feel that he was going to be right person for her. He loved her with all of his being but she deserved more then what he had to offer, more then what he could give her.

In the next room, Jacob could hear Jacques and Julian it seemed that Julian was getting pre-wedding jitters as well. He smiled to himself, not so cool and casual anymore, though, he had to wonder why his friend was as jumpy as he.

He stood to his feet and began to make his way out of the smaller room and next door. He was completely dressed and his tie was already done thanks to a little magical aid, he'd spent months practising the hard final twist that now, fortunately, did not choke him.

"How are you guys holding up?" he said, speaking only quietly as he wasn't sure he could speak at a normal volume without his voice breaking.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Total Posts : 54

Character
Job: Auror

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:53 pm

"Shouldn't we be the ones asking you?" With a curt, reprocussive remark, Russ entered the room, his tie lay untied and wrapped around his neck. A simple accusation, as he figured every man had second thoughts about taking the deep plunge, the former Flamme greeted his best friend with a firm handshake before pulling Jacob into a hug reserved mostly for times like this. Given the circumstances, Russ was not one to show exuberance on the daily basis, but for this celebration, there was time for a little emotion to be let out by the man. Giving the edgy groomsmen a slap on the back, Russ simply poked around with Jacob, likely the only person to get away with something like this, well, maybe not so much. With the others, Jacob would only throw some tense words around, with Russ, a boyish brawl could be started and Merlin knows what else of a mess they'd get into. "It's good to see that you haven't run off yet Jake," Prodding his mate with a forefinger in the side, Russel played around with the man's nerves. "I have to hand it to you mate, we're not all that lucky. At least you're not married to your job, but then again, you could be the foolish one."

While waiting for an outburst of sorts, Russel calmly walked up to the full length mirror he had seen Jacques using earlier. Pointing his wand at the untied tied, he mumbled a simple spell and the neck tie was formally tied and set in place. Over the years, he had picked up on a variety of useful charms to aide him in fast disguises, as well as devious potions that allowed him to alter his physical appearance, something he was not able to do properly with Transfiguration, blaming the incompetent teacher he once had. Pocketing his wand in the confines of his tuxedo jacket, where a wand holder was secretly mended to the interior material, Russ had learned better than to not leave his wand laying about, or in a place that wouldn't allow him to yield it in a fast enough time. Giving himself the once over, the man confirmed that he looked about, if not just as, handsome as the rest of the men gathered. "You ladies doing alright?" Once more, another sarcastic remark made its way into the conversation, and the face of the former Flamme stayed nearly emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Total Posts : 26

Character
Job: Lawyer

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:11 pm

The bronze-haired man gave Julian a wicked grin, “Don’t shoot the messenger, mate. Just repeating orders.”

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, ambling here and there to pick up an object with nothing but faint curiosity in mind before Nicholas enquired, “Where’s my new in-law then?”

But he needn’t have asked for that moment the room was joined by two men: Jacob, and Russel, a man that Nicholas didn’t know quite as well as Maria’s amiable rascal, but found agreeable nonetheless.

The wizard gave a short laugh at the Flamme's sarcastic remarks, "Probably faring better than the ladies themselves."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Jacob blinked at Russel not really hearing what he was saying but he gave a small smile to at least appear that he was paying attention. The last thing he needed was for his friends to start thinking he was needing pampering or something stupid.

"What time is it?" he asked no one in particular. He felt dazed as though he were in a dream, perhaps a dream he'd had many times before this very day. Or more specifically nightmares. Where the day had gone horribly wrong and Maria had cursed him in every swear she could possibly know....

That wouldn't happen today. That was what Jacob prayed.

He found an empty seat and collapsed into it, his underarms were becoming quite damp as well.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 am

"We've got time to spare." The wizard said genially with a careless wave of the hand. He glanced sideways at Jacob who had sprawled himself into a worn armchair, wondering if everything was all right.

“I see you’ve gotten yourself decked out,” Nicholas remarked with a satisfied smile at the men around him, “We can set of in a few.”

He nudged Jacob, “You all right there, mate? Not going to go running off on me now? Dianna will have my head if you do. And Maria right after.” The bronze-haired man grinned.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 am

“We can set of in a few.” Maria's cousin spoke about leaving shortly and Jacob gulped a little obviously. It was beginning to get more apparent how nervous he was. The sweat was coming out on his brow now too.

“You all right there, mate? Not going to go running off on me now? Dianna will have my head if you do. And Maria right after.”
Jacob blinked at Nicholas trying to comprehend what words were coming out of his mouth. He was joking. Jacob gulped again and tried to let out a laugh but it came out in a hysterical giggle.

He ran a hand through his brushed hair, ruffling it up and making it stick up at the back, he did not notice however.

"This is a lot more stressful then I thought it would be," Jacob admitted to the room.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am

This is a lot more stressful then I thought it would be.

Nicholas chuckled quietly as he perched himself on the arm of a chair across from the groom, "Thought it'd be all fine and dandy, proposing to her, walking down the aisle- poof! Easy as anything hey?"

The bronze-haired wizard gazed into a mirror, running a hand through his disheveled hair. He would need to put a bit of gel in that before he set down.

"What's on your mind?" He questioned, glancing in Russel's direction almost daring him to scoff at the 'sissiness' of the moment.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 am

Julian sighed, lamenting. He wasn't being the regular best man, and neither was he being the best man extraordinaire. He thought Nicholas was doing a smashing job at comforting Jacob, and even Russel was able to address the groom properly, like he really exists or something. But Julian couldn't even offer a few words of comfort, so indulged in his own personal sorrows.

Thus, Julian took advantage of the moment when everyone's attention was focused on Jacob's wedding jitters to get out of the dressing room. He needed to get out, go somewhere and clear his head. This is Jacob and Maria's wedding, not yours, dunderhead, the former Eau admonished himself.

Out of sight now, Julian went out of the back porch and breathed in the Normandie air. It was ridiculous. Why was he feeling this way, anyway? It was as if he didn't want Maria to get married...

Julian's gray-green eyes caught sight of a broom... a Lightstrike, Jacob's old model. Smirking, Julian remembered the time when he and Jacob fought over Maria, using fists and later upgrading to Bludgers. They would have continued to fight for her if Julian had not given up his relationship with Maria back then... but what if he had? And what if he did fight for her this time? Not as a lover but... as what?

Julian decided that he can never find the answer if he didn't go looking for it, and so grabbing the broom, Julian mounted the said device and flew in the direction of where the bride was kept.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:10 am

What's on your mind? Nicholas asked Jacob. He dared not look at the others in the room, knowing their expressions already.

"I don't know, don't get me wrong, I want to marry her more then anything... I just don't know if I can be what she wants me to be," was what he said speaking truthfully. He shrugged and gave a bewildered look toward the red head who suddenly seemed the wisest man in the world.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 am

“I see.”

Nicholas’ drummed his fingers on his knee, glancing at the other men in the room to see what they were thinking or if they would even jump in to help before the groom had a mental breakdown. He had to hide a smile as he wondered how exactly Dianna was faring with his cousin Maria.

Maria, Maria.

At least his wife was a qualified shrink. She would know how to go about coaxing confessions out of an extremely panicky Maria, or a stoic, petrified one.

“And what does my dear, sweet cousin want you to be?” Nicholas enquired, turning his full attention to Jacob. If he hadn’t he would have noticed the so-called ‘rascal’ Julian, Dianna had specifically warned him about, slipping from the room to visit Maria.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:00 am

Jacob tried to picture what Maria wanted in Jacob, she'd never given him any reason to doubt his capabilities before. It was more what Jacob wanted to be for Maria. Someone who was always caring, courageous, loving and someone who could always be there for her no matter what.

"I guess I have just created this picture of what I think she deserves, and I can't picture her with someone like me."
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:09 am

“Someone like you?” Nicholas repeated quizzically, prompting Jacob to continue.

As far as he knew, why, he could see no better match than the Ciel slumped before him. Maria needed someone steady, level-headed enough to keep her in place, and yet amusing and light-hearted enough during the deprecating moments she sometimes found herself in. Jacob was a perfect blend of all that.

And even if he wasn’t the world’s most “perfect” man, Maria wanted him. And that topped every argument in the book, in Nicholas’ opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 am

"Yeah, someone like me," Jacob continued. "Someone that isn't unsure of whether he can marry his fiance after all this time. Someone who isn't turned into a blathering idiot, who can stay level headed, I obviously can't. I mean, look at me!"

Jacob ran his hand through his hair again, messing it up even further. It was at this point that he remembered that he was about to get married and so stood up to look in the mirror, trying to smooth down the mess of hair on top of his head.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:38 am

Someone that isn't unsure of whether he can marry his fiance after all this time. Someone who isn't turned into a blathering idiot, who can stay level headed, I obviously can't. I mean, look at me!

"You're the one she wants." He held Jacob's reluctant gaze with his. It was important that the former Ciel understood this.

"I know my cousin well, almost as well as you do. But I've grown up with Maria and I have never seen her look at any other man with the same warmth, admiration, and respect as she does when she looks at you."

The bronze-haired wizard chuckled wrly, "If she had the slightest doubt in her mind, we wouldn't be here right now. Trust me on that."

Nicholas gave him a crooked smile paired with a familiar half-shrug,

"You're the one she wants." He repeated simply.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm

The brown haired groom nodded his head dumbly. Accepting Nicholas's words with relief and oddly, he felt as though a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He knew that Nicholas was right, deep down.

"Okay," he looked around trying to find Julian. "Julian?" he called out to the room that was obviously devoid of any trace of the blond. "Where'd he go?" thinking he had excused himself for a bath room break.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:33 am

The scene was changing. Jacques had no idea what to do as he had already finished preparing himself. Russel was also present alongside himself, Jacob, Maria's cousin, and Julian. Alas, the last in the list seemed not to remain for long. Before Jacques could alert Jacob as to the fact that the best man had fled or even introduce himself to Maria's cousin, Julian had taken flight. With a gruff sigh, Jacques fixed his tie as he waited for a gap in conversation between the two men. It was tedious having to pause, but he figured it best not to intrude when Jacob was obviously having the typical prewedding jitters.

However, when Jacques heard the call for Julian, it was obvious that the conversation had either ended or was open for intrusion. "Um, Jacob..." Jacques jaunted over to where the groom was with impeccable grace and speed. Being an absurdly transformed wolf, seeing as he had been bitten under the effects of strange wolf magic, he had attained some side effects others may not have under conditions similar yet still different from his. Also, he still bore the burn on his chest from Armelle's necklace from that fateful day in their final year at the Academy. Whether she knew he still had it, even past graduation, or not was beyond him.

"Julian semmed to have taken the liberty to fly out of here." Jacques had seen the best man dash out and had no idea where he was headed. Julian was going somewhere other than here, but catching that place had been a tad impossible, Jacques hadn't exactly heard. "I'm Jacques Mathieu, by the way." He nodded in the direction of Maria's cousin as he stood awkwardly for the reaction that may come from Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:42 am

Looking confusedly at Jacques, Jacob took a while to comprehend what the younger Eau was saying. "What do you mean? Flown out of here? He's gone?" he couldn't quite grasp if this meant that Julian no longer wanted to take part in the ceremony or had just gone for a breath of fresh air.

Where did he go to? Jacob looked between Russel and Jacques wondering which one of his friends would be so helpful to find the best man. He guessed that Julian would say something to Jacob if he no longer wanted to be a part of the ceremony. He wouldn't just leave... Would he?
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 pm

The frenzy any guess could throw Jacob into might not have been worth the risk of announcing where he thought the best man really was. Jacques bit his upper lip, cringing as he did so. It was his hope that Russel would answer before he would, but time was slipping away and enraging the groom more was probably not the best idea in the world. Releasing his lip from the clutches of his teeth, the former Eau released a sigh and adjusted his tie, trying to draw out as much time as he could. Perhaps the sigh would trigger the former Flamme to discuss the possibility of Julian's current location.

Alas, enough time had been fought off. "Jacob...I think, just by some small chance, that he may have gone off to see Maria." The young man recoiled slightly, taking a sidestep and looking to the groom with concerned eyes. If push came to shove and Jacob reacted violently, the feral instincts that had grown in Jacques over the years as well as his determination to take advantage of his wolf strength in human form could come in handy. Yet, Jacques thought that Jacob wouldn't come to such extremes even if it was the day of his wedding and part of the wedding party was missing.

To make better use of the time between delivery and action, Jacques quickly glided towards the window and glanced to the broom rack, where one was obviously missing. "You might want to see this." He moved his tall, hulking frame from the window to make room for Jacob or any other present to have a look for themselves. Again, his face looked a tad worried as he nervously adjusted his tie.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:30 am

Julian had flown off from the manor to a safe apparating point, and it took just a fraction of a second before landing just outside the border of the Daniels farm. From there on, he flew right back to where he got the broom, depositing the old model on the rack.

As Julian stepped back inside the house, he was, once again, filled with worry. Even if he was able to settle his worries over Maria, the resulting relief led to another problem; how to explain to Jacob where he had been? It wasn't possible for them to have not noticed his departure, what with Jacques and Russel being sharper than most wizards.

Heaving a sigh, the blond went back inside the dressing room where the rest of the men were congregated, his face bearing his guilt aside from the look of defeat that he had been wearing all day.

"Yo."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 am

Jacob continued to stare at his wolvish friend as Jacques explained to him why Julian was no longer present. Why had Julian decided to see Maria? Was Jacob's confused thoughts. Why not wait until the wedding to see her? And if he had to see her, then what was so important that could not wait until the wedding. Obviously, it was something to do with Jacob.

His brow furrowed as he tried to think of reasons why Julian would want to sabotage the wedding. But that next moment Julian came wondering through the door as though there was no problem at all and that he'd merely gone to take a toilet break. Though it was obvious with his dishevelled hair that he had done no such thing.

"Where were you?" he asked, giving Julian the chance to explain himself.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:01 am

Julian winced. Perhaps it was just the guilt editing things around him, but he thought Jacob's tone had the smallest hint of accusation in it. Nevertheless, Julian was ready to confess... some parts, that is. He glanced at the other men in the room before looking back at Jacob and speaking.

"I.., went off to see Maria," he said slowly, taking in whatever changes became apparent in the groom's expression. "I had some things I needed to say to her, and it couldn't wait, Jacob."

He was hoping that Jacob was willing to let it go and merely owe it to the fact that Julian was Maria's best friend. He hoped that his answer wouldn't lead the former Ciel into asking more questions, but if he needed the answers, then Julian will have to provide them, especially if it's in order to quell any doubts about Julian that had risen in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 pm

"So, you're back now?" he asked Julian wanting to make sure that his best man would not be bailing on him on his wedding day again. Satisfied that he had secured a wedding party that would stick around for cake at the reception, Jacob looked around to Jacques and Russel who were still standing around.

"Anyone want some firewhisky?" he suggested knowing that he really needed something to calm his nerves. Another fifteen minutes and Jacob would be standing at the front of a crowd of people waiting for Maria to walk down her aisle and for the two of them to finally say their vows and be wed.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:23 am

"Eh? Uh, yeah..," was all he could reply at the moment. Julian was surprised to be let off so easily. Perhaps Jacob was just too nervous to think of anything else and for Julian, that seemed to be a little bit.., funny. The former Eau stifled a chuckle and settled for a small smile instead, looking down his shiny shoes to hide the facial expression from the rest of the group.

Jacob's suggestion of a firewhisky wasn't new to Julian's ears, but he wasn't certain if firewhisky is better than a calming draught. He didn't want to agree to it because personally he thought any nerve problems Jacob might be having at the moment would be gone the instant he sees Maria. Julian was certain of it; he had seen the bride right? But any mention of that seemed inappropriate at the moment.

Distracting himself to make sure he didn't look windswept, Julian strode over to the mirror and checked his hair, which stuck up at all the wrong angles. Quickly running both hands through the light-colored locks, he no longer looked like he was wearing a disheveled wig of the past. Everything else was presentable, including the tie that Maria had fixed for him. He still hated ties, and has never gotten used to wearing one.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:56 am

Jacques shrugged off the fact that Jacob was more worried about relieving his ails rather than badgering his best man about the sudden disappearance. It was no concern of the werewolf's if Jacob chose to act so lightly. Rather, he enjoyed that the former Ciel did not jump around in a tizzy and acted in a manner that was much more manly rather than womanly. It would not do for Jacob to be skipping around the room in hysterics as that was quite effeminate in any being, human or otherwise. Jacques missed his pure humanity when he thought about it. How tarnished he was in comparison to the man before him, head over heels in love and about to be wed, made him quite envious.

"Sure, I'll take some." Just thinking got Jacques on edge. He would surely take some firewhiskey and partake in the calming process that would ensue with the consumption of the beverage. Taking the course of action to actually procure the drink, since Jacob seemed more preoccupied with asking and losing his nerves to not getting, Jacques fetched the glasses and started pouring out proper portions. The thicker blood in Jacques allowed him to swig back a bit more than any normal man and it wouldn't do to have Jacob walking tipsily down the aisle.

Wordlessly, Jacques passed out the glasses and took his own, swinging it back and sighing with a smack of his lips. Quickly, he poured himself another glass and partook in consuming this one a bit slower than the previous one. With activities like this, hopefully the time would pass quickly and the wedding would soon commence.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 am

"Merlin, it's about time, but you better make mine a double." Grabbing his own glass, Russ drained it in a second, slamming down the drink as soon as the glass reached his lips. The way his friends were acting was just...well, he couldn't actually put a finger on it, but they all weren't themselves. Frankly, if he hadn't gone off and sold his soul to the Underworld, then perhaps the former Flamme would be able to join the rest of the blubbering idiots and carry on as if he'd been Confuddled as well. Then again, he kind of liked being the only sane one in the room, it made a difference for once. But of course, by the Underworld, he had only meant the Ministry.

Why he had been so excited to leave the safety of being Andre's assistant those many years ago never exactly was understood by the man, and now, he kind of regretted it. Granted his credentials were to die for, and in a matter of speaking, he had killed two werewolves even before starting his training and while still at the Academy, and of course he would be given an Auror mentor at once. Too bad the old coot couldn't see that this was probably a bad decision on Russ' part.

"Here's to today." Not talking to any one in particular, Russ replenished his glass with out even waiting for anybody to respond, filling it to the brim. If there was a chance in hell he'd make it through this wedding with out punching somebody and telling them to grow a pair, he'd need it. Clicking his tongue in satisfaction, the man felt his innards being warmed by the strength of the liquor. All was right again. But on second thought, he did remember the old Auror giving him a mild warning about what his job could entail of. Blast it all, why didn't he ever listen?

"Can you ladies handle yourselves while I make leave for a minute?" Sure, the man wasn't exactly being as supportive as he could be, but that's the problem when you've been taught to forget about your friends and family, the latter of which was entirely easy as snapping your fingers. The former had quite frankly been a downright Hungarian Horntail. For so long the man was taught to be as emotionless as ever. In training, they did more than scare you, they broke you. How anybody managed to keep their sanity after joining befuddled Russ. It was probably the sole reason why ever Auror in the department was single, grouchy, and a bit insane in the head.

Coming back to see his old friends, whom he had been sad to see had kept in very close contact over the years, in turn began to unravel what he had worked so hard to do for quite some time. Sadly, the man was a bit hurt that he couldn't live a normal life, not that Jacques had it entirely easy as well, but at least he was only gone a few nights a month. Stepping out in to the corridor, Russ leaned against the cool bricks, closing his eyes and breathing slowly, he began a round of meditation. Calming himself like this could be very stress relieving, and once again, punching somebody at Maria's wedding would not be a good idea, even though the option had popped in to his mind. It'd be a good way to get out of his work.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Daniels
Main Character
Former Ciel
Jacob Daniels

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Taking the glass that was offered to him, Jacob tilted it back and let the burning liquid slide down his throat and warm his insides. He was about to ask for another when an older gentleman who Jacob immediately recognised as Maria's father entered the room. "Are you ready?" he asked Jacob and his group. Russel had left only a moment before but Jacob supposed his groomsman was indeed ready and only needed a breath of fresh air. So he nodded nervously at the man who would soon be his father-in-law.

The older man smiled and gave Jacob an smile that he supposed was meant to be encouraging though, any look the man gave him always seemed to be a scowl. He turned to the men in the room and tried to straighten himself out in the mirror.

"Okay, here goes," he did not know why he felt so nervous. It was something that Jacob had been wanting his entire life. But here he was, the day had arrived and Jacob, all of a sudden doubted himself very much.

"Would someone go find Russel?" he asked of Julian and Jacques, hoping one of them would comply. Before he left the room to make his way to the place they would be saying their eternal vows.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Something about Russel had been irking Jacques since they had both entered the room. It may have been something silly or it could have been the stabbing knowledge that Russel was known for his work killing the two werewolves before even becoming trained. Granted, the two may have been evil and sinister, but something inside Jacques allowed him to sympathize with their cause now that he too was one of them. It made him cringe and he in no way supported it on the level they had those many years ago, but it was still something that got to him. Refraining from volunteering to find the former Flamme seemed out of the question as he was currently the one with the least amount of duties.

"I'll go." Swigging back another large glass of the firewhiskey, Jacques popped down and heard it thud. He was a tad brutal sometimes and hoped he hadn't dented the wood on this table like he had the last. At least the wedding was moving forward though and things could go on. They had all known for so long the two would end up wed, but it took the two of them, namely Maria, a bit longer to figure that out. Anyway, the reception was probably going to be exceptional and exceptionally stocked with something to drink, so Jacques was all for getting this party started.

Stepping out, he found Russel doing some meditation process, something Jacques never had a chance for due to his absurd linkage to his wolf mind. "Hey," he interrupted abruptly. "We're ready to get moving and Jacob wants you." Jacques stood, arms crossed and brow furrowed. Meditation? Really? What they had done in Auror training must have been some drastic, life changing mojo.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 am

Nicholas, who had already taken a shot of the fire whiskey, declined the refill that the younger man offered. It wouldn’t do to be too intoxicated before the ceremony itself. He glanced sideways at Jacob who had knocked back a glass— the former Ciel seemed to benefit from it far more than he had. But then, his nerves were under control.

“Uncle,” he greeted cordially, as Richard Doloresta entered the room. Nicholas chuckled as the smile that Maria’s father gave Jacob, seemed to only heighten his disquiet. He wasn’t surprised by how his uncle was surveying the groom. Richard was anything if not practical; the kind to observe all sides of a situation before making a decision. And once that decision was made, he would stick to it. Could he blame Richard for giving the man his daughter had chosen to spend the rest of her life with another once-over?

Still, Nicholas mused to himself, both of them would have a lot to learn. Jacob, that Richard was only looking out for Maria’s best interests, and he in turn, that Jacob wouldn’t be going anywhere.

He clapped the groom upon the shoulder, “He means well, mate.” He reassured, used to his uncle’s quiet ways.

The corners of the bronze-haired wizard’s mouth turned down slightly as Russel left the room. Personally, he was surprised that the softer Jacob had befriended the colder, steely-eyed Flamme that Maria had even once been attracted to in her school days. He had all the cool, no-nonsense assurance of an Auror broken after years of training.

It unsettled Nicholas.

Clearing his throat, he asked with an easy smile, “Ready?”
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:56 am

Russ had only begun to center himself when the gnat-like noise buzzed in his ear. In the uneasiest stage of meditation, when complete concentration and relaxation was needed, the man had been interrupted. Eyes that looked as cold as the glare given, snapped open. Staring up towards the ceiling as his head had been tilted back, Russel sighed heavily, aggravation tensing his shoulders. Rolling his sight over towards Jacques, a limp sneer formed upon the Flamme's face. His face was set in stone angst, and the want to potentially punch the guy for being a downright ass about the situation fluttered in through Russel's brain. There was no need for that type of action just yet, the man had other forms of teaching a lesson.

"I am not a dog, nor one of your kind, so it would suit you best to not address me in such a manner." In all honesty, the man's harsh retort was quite disturbing, but in his defense, Jacques had been rather rude in his fetching of Russel. Although friends, but to the extent more like acquaintances, Russel had been there during the great tragedy that was the attack on Beauxbatons Academy that had changed Jacques' life altogether. Himself even had been held under siege was some time until Andre had rescued him. He had even killed the foul creature that destroyed Jacques' innocence, and in time, the man grew to hate what he had done. Wary that his mind was still set on the act of retribution, that Jacques was in turn to grant him a favor, Russ knew that fighting him now would not be best. Instead, being an ass would have to do.

"What are you doing here?!" Suddenly his steely eyes narrowed, drifting past the left shoulder of Jacques and locked on to the sultry figure that suddenly adorned the vacancy that had been there a moment before. The remark was more of a command than a question, as if there was something wrong about the current situation. Wishing he had grabbed at least two more double shots, Russ grimaced. Today was turning in to one hell of a celebration.
Back to top Go down
Gisèle Vaux
Guest Character
Gisèle Vaux

Total Posts : 2

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:55 pm

"Bonjour, mon ami." The vivacious vixen cooed softly, her feather-like tassels of auburn hair complimented her fair skin and shapely form well, but this was known enough from the way she had dressed. Having placed her arm upon a column to support herself, Gisèle looked like a roosting hen as if she was simply admiring the passing rooster. The taunt dress, hardly what one would wear to a wedding ceremony, but possibly one of the personal favorites of the woman, detailed the curves of the woman perfectly, and those dastardly high heels showed off her slender legs like none other.

"I hope you hadn't planned on forgetting about moi." With a sinister smile, the woman sashayed over to her man, charmingly grinning in to his eyes. She was a flirt and beautiful, but she was smart and prone to do somersaults in the face of danger, which made her entirely dangerous. There was no denying that this woman was more than enough to handle, but the facade of a poor, naive beauty gained her quite the upper hand. Placing a gloved hand on the man's chest, the other slipping around his arm to quickly grab his hand, Gisèle smiled at Jacques, before playfully stroking Russel's chin.

"Who's your little friend, dear?"
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:54 pm

A feral snarl from within Jacques' chest escaped through his throat. He still stood with his arms crossed in general irritation, but he tightened the grip on his biceps, urging him not to lash out and give Russel a taste of what the dog could actually do. Self control was the name of the game and it would take quite a bit for Jacques not to lunge forward in rage. Despite being bitten quite normally, the wolf in question that had turned him had done so under supernatural circumstances, however natural lycropanthy could be. For that reason, even during the normal sunny hours of the day and the moonless nights, Jacques was forced to bear some of the brute force and primal urges of the wolf. Sometimes it was deemed 'sexy' but he had always found it to be inhibiting.

With his arms still crossed, Jacques approached Russel and pressed his arms up against the man across from him. "So you've stooped that low since you left the Academy?" Jacques stood a towering six foot, four inches. His furious breath, lingering with the scent of animal ferocity, emitted in a much stauncher format than it had been fifteen minutes ago when he was perfectly calm in the dressing room. Jacques backed off a little bit, leaving a microcosm of space between himself and the former Flamme and was irritably dismissed from importance when a woman approached and appeared quite touchy. She approached and inquired about Russel's "little friend," something that never described Jacques in any physical manner due to his stature and height.

Racing thoughts pushed words to the tip of Jacques tongue that he held back. Insulting a woman would not do, but he could still glower. "Jacob wants you. His wedding, remember?" Jacques voice was dripping with sarcasm. He had no care for an altercation, but it seemed imminent and quite desirable at the moment. Venting his frustration and having an excuse to keep his distance from the main stream activities would be a great opportunity for early escape back to the dismal shack he inhabited.
Back to top Go down
Gisèle Vaux
Guest Character
Gisèle Vaux

Total Posts : 2

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

"Well that was certainly not nice!" With a prestige look of surprise, Gisèle watched as the man who had momentarily been harassing Russel storm off so suddenly. Arching an eyebrow, Gisèle continued the mockery of being romantically involved with the man before her, by turning to address him. Slipping her nimble, gloved digits up to his tie, she straightened it as a wife would do to her husband. Tapping him gently on the cheek, she slyly reverted from her fake Barbie-like fashion and back to her normal catty self, her voice even void of the nasally tone she had used earlier. "You know dear, you really shouldn't leave personal matters just sitting around your house were somebody could pick them up. It's quite an easy access to your relations, and an Auror wouldn't want that kind of information to fall in to the wrong hands, now would he?"

Yes she was devious, but she had her points. It was quite an easy job finding where her partner lived, and even more so, slipping in to his personal apartment. Although that darling bird of his recognized her at once, it still watched her carefully, as if the gyrfalcon knew that Gisèle was not supposed to be there. The word was that the gyrfalcon was to be the only woman in Russel Baudin's life, but she had been determined to change that plot. However she grew jealous of being only seen as just his work partner, although she had put out more than once, but she grew tired of the chase. Next option was go bitch, but Gisèle knew she covered that part quite well. Slipping back in to her hideous doll character, the woman stole a quick kiss from the unfriendly turgid frame standing beside her. He would change his mind one way or another.

"Have fun, mon cheri!" Dropping the invitation she had stolen from his house, Gisèle waved in a silly fashion before heading out to find a seat.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 pm

To hell with it all! Russ could care less anymore that it was a wedding or not, he was seriously at the point of snapping. First off, Jacques had gone all rogue and tried to act intimidating. Please, rogue was Russ' department, and the only reason the Auror was even slightly alarmed at his advancement was the canine nature at the heart of the man in front of him. Although he was nearly four inches shorter than Jacques, Russ knew he could handle his own. In a second, his wand would be out, and he would fire off a round of jinxes so fast that it would send Jacques spinning in to next Thursday before he even knew what had happened. Second, what in Merlin's name was Gisèle doing there? He grimaced again, as she slithered up next to him, even going so far as to play with his hand.

For a split-second, Russ worried for Jacques. After the events that had happened at the school, werewolves had an ever worse time finding it possible to fit in with the normal wizarding society. People tended to jump the gun so to say. Keen to keep Gisèle occupied so she could not study Jacques so closely, his own heart beating loud in his chest as she slipped a hand over top his suit jacket, Russ' fear dissipated as soon as Jacques made leave of himself. Smart man. The last thing he needed was for a fellow Auror to start harping him on the extent of his relationship with a werewolf.

When she had dropped the invitation on the floor near his hand, after swatting away hers from his tie, Russ actually worried if something had happened to Rhonwen, his pet gyrfalcon and personal housing protection whilst he was away during the day. There had been no sign of scratches on the woman's body, only meaning that the falcon had recognized the intruder, or was dead. Personally, Russel was hoping for the former. But the way that Gisèle was carrying herself around was so typical of her. Stealth and slut were her two prime characters she could but on around Russel, and at the moment, she had pulled off both remarkably well. "Leave me alone." Shrugging off her unwanted kiss and all around bitchiness, Russ headed back towards the room with the rest of the gentlemen. Hopefully nobody would have wet himself in his absence.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Dismissiveness was not appealing in the slightest and Jacques suddenly became the second-class citizen that he was so used to being outside the group of his friends. The look in the steely eyes of the Auror was something that tweaked Jacques. He wanted to egg him on, pushing him over the edge until he tried something. If Jacques became enraged enough, there was no saying how far the primitive being within him would extend to the outside, overtaking his usual judgement. His hand went to his wand within his pocket and withdrew the slender wooden tool. With only his thoughts racing, Jacques was not really concentrating on a spell, but only had a fleeting thought of disarming Russel and facing him like Muggle duelists would. Alas, the fleeting thought was enough, as he felt an emission of magic from his wand as he hastily shoved it back in his pocket, slightly irritated at the lack of control.

"Damn." The former Eau muttered the word, but it came out a bit louder than he had anticipated. If he moved swiftly, he could flee, but he was no coward. If Russel wanted to make something of this, it was up to him and Jacques would willingly partake in any brawl. His feral urges had been a bit controlling lately as the full moon had just passed and things were still a bit edgy. A laugh did leave his mouth, however when he noticed the woman annoying Russel. He had no idea what her true relation to the Auror was, but she too appeared to be in that field.

Jacques simply coughed rather than saying anything more he may regret. The dog comment was still itching away at him though, as he observed. Fleas were not an issue, though, so the itching was entirely figurative.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Julian accepted the proffered glass of firewhiskey from Jacques, sipping it carefully lest he spilled it all over his suit. Now that his personal issues had been resolved, the next logical thing to do is to keep himself looking good and being great all around. This was a wedding they're talking about, so the mood has to be a celebratory one.

The former Eau watched as Maria's father approached Jacob with the usual grimness that some father's automatically adopt when they're giving away their daughters. Julian knew that it was nothing, and that Richard Doloresta was all for his daughter's happiness. Jacob had nothing to worry about, even if the old man did look like he wanted to send Jacob to prison for the next twenty years.

Turning to Nicholas, Julian said, "I'm going to go first, coordinate with Dianna and tell her you're on your way, alright?" And by 'you' Julian meant the groom and the rest of the party.

Julian idly wondered if Jacques had successfully fetched Russel from outside the room. As he was leaving first, Julian left the other men and went out of the room. He stopped short just outside by the door, seeing Russel and Jacques on their way back.

"Hey, I'm just about to--", Julian failed to finish his sentence, catching the scowls in the faces of both. What? Julian frowned in confusion with the way they were both acting now. If Julian had been accurately imitating a rascal earlier, these two were behaving too much like men-- men with serious issues that do not fit the wedding's mood, that is.

Who was pissing off whom did not matter, so long as both of them would behave properly and allow the wedding party to proceed to the venue as planned. Shaking off the initial uncertainty, Julian continued his sentence, pretending to cough a bit in effect to the earlier distraction.

"...to leave and assure the guests that the groom won't be late. Care to go with me.. uh, Jacques?" Right now, Julian was more comfortable with his fellow Eau, as Russel seemed to have changed drastically further from the last time they saw each other. Julian waited for the younger man to accept or reject his invitation; goodness knows he can't wait to dissipate the tension in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Still fuming and apprehensive, Jacques turned only slightly, freezing in his tracks. Julian had requested that he would join him in his venture to assure the guests or something, but the beast within Jacques had taken over slightly. The former Eau had no desire to be in a room full of people. They would probably be utterly frightened by his very presence anyway, as lycropanthy was not something that stayed quiet in a magical community. Jacques palms were sweating with tension and he breathed deep. He disregarded Russel's existence for the moment, directing himself at Julian.

"I think I need a moment. Perhaps you should go alone." The werewolf did his best not to sound scathing or angry, but the crackling tone in his voice was hard to dismiss. Taking another breath, Jacques closed his eyes, but he did not release any tension. It was such a burden, having the instinctual capacity of a beast. Being a monster, a genetically altered freak, was no aid to his ails either. Looking down, his brown locks fell slightly in front of his face. He tapped his foot a few times before turning away from Julian and directing his scowl back at Russel.

A response to the emission of magic was expected. Jacques would stay and stand for his actions, even if they had been unintentional. His eyes tightened again, piercingly glaring back at the Auror. Even the thought of his profession wanted to make Jacques cringe. It was enough to be tossed into a nonhuman department for dealings with the Ministry, but it was a whole other thing to have to face a goony of the force that severely irked him.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Jacques' answer did not please Julian in any way. But he wasn't about to argue with the man and besides, Julian had more important things to do. He'd normally exert a bit more effort in maintaining harmony between two tempers that looked like they might explode any minute, but the mere thought of the two trying to pick a fight on Jacob's wedding day was enough to induce apathy in Julian, out of sheer annoyance. If they want to be idiots, then fine, they can go ruin the day and feel the worse for it later.

"Alright..," Julian said, passing the two men in the corridor, wondering if death and destruction will take over the world and send everyone straight to paradise or eternal damnation. Or maybe love and peace might try to win the battle this time, but seeing the expressions of his two friends... well, good luck with that.

On his way out, Julian passed by the broom rack once again (he mistook the back porch for the front entrance), and felt the urge to chuck one of the brooms at either Jacques or Russel. If ever a fight would ensue.., but let's hope not, Julian thought, as he walked off the grounds and apparated back to the wedding venue. Or maybe they're just trying to win a scowling bet.., see whose face looks more menacing. That would certainly be a valid explanation. If Julian had not missed on the vixen that just graced the Daniels farm with her presence, he would have thought they were about to fight because of a woman.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 pm

It was one thing to strike an unarmed man, but it was another to play it off as an accident. Surely Jacques had some form of control over his wand, and the emission of it caused Russel to stumble back a few steps before he caught himself and regained his balance. The man could hardly be even considering a duel with the Auror, as it would be quite one sided, but even if he was motioning for any physical attempts, that would be the greater challenge. With more of a match between the two men, it would be a decent fight, but really, there was no need.

I think I need a moment. Perhaps you should go alone. Smart man not wanting to get Julian involved. Russ nodded towards Julian, they were adults, and they could handle it in such a manner, even if talking things out was probably the best route to go. The unnecessary glares from Jacques had not gone unheeded, and when Julian had vacated the premises, Russ calmly walked forward.

"I didn't want to have to do this," Stomping on Jacques foot, Russ brought his elbow forward in a swinging motion. The diversion created a small escape for Russel to pull off both moves, his elbow connecting with the man's face, with a harsh resounding squelch. If Jacques wanted to prolong the wedding and try to be the bigger man, let him, Russ had more than enough problems to let steam out with.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Honestly, he had been anticipating the attack, but the nonchalance took him off guard. In Jacques' opinion he had been only slightly more innocent than the Auror. The magic was unintentional, as many things occurring in Jacques' life were. Alas, his pain was initially focused on his foot until he felt the elbow reach up and connect to his lip. A slightly iron like taste met his tongue and he was sure that his lip was bleeding. Ever since the attack, Jacques had always bled easily, especially about the facial area. It was if that portion of his body had grown sensitive to physical blows, seeing as it was the only portion of his body that was unmarred until Russel's blow. The scratch had vanished, but the bite mark on his arm, despite the potions, still left scarring.

An audible "Ouf" escaped Jacques as he regained his balance. He was too furious to let that deed pass without any retaliation, so, collecting himself in a gentlemanly manner, Jacques brushed the front of his tux jacket and then focused on Russel. With both arms, the man-wolf grabbed the Auror by his forearms and increased the strength of his grip. At an accelerating speed, Jacques rushed towards the wall, slamming the body of the former Flamme into the facade. A slight crunch was heard. Whether it came from the wall or from Russel, the former Eau neither worried nor cared. Releasing the man, he pulled him slightly away from the wall until there was enough space between the stone and the man.

Swinging his leg under, Jacques kicked Russel's legs, hopefully knocking him onto his backside. Formally, Jacques again adjusted his tie and brushed back his hair messily. He touched his lip and felt that it was indeed bleeding. He cursed to himself for he was not apt at the healing spells that his friends might have a knack for due to their professions.

Last edited by Jacques Mathieu on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 pm

He had known that the retaliation was to come, but the sheer force of it was far beyond his comprehension. Russ was taking for a fool in a matter of seconds, his body beaten and bruised, and from as far as he could tell, something cracked when his head had made contact with the wall. He opted for the wall that was cracked, but his head smarted too much to even think straight. His world was turned upside down with a sweep of Jacques' leg, and Russ found himself gracing the ground. Anger and hurt clotted his body, the stinging pain from his head injury made his vision blurry. Reaching back to feel the back of his head, the closely shaved hair revealed a trickle of blood.

He managed to catch the image of Jacques adjusting himself, and that was all the time he needed. Slipping his hand in to his tuxedo jacket, Russ retrieved his faithful weapon. The wood felt warm in his hand and the familiar feeling of fondness came over him. Silently tormenting himself on whether or not he should skip past the spells he would have used during his younger years, or simply head to the torturing charms involved in his work. Not even bothering to say the spell out loud, the Auror whipped his wand in the direction of the werewolf as a flash of pink light sailed toward the towering man. If he had aimed correctly, Russ' target would find himself in an unpleasant position. Crawling to his feet, Russel raised his wand once more, firing off another spell. This time, Jacques himself would be the one harboring a close friendship with the wall.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Jacques had been just about to check his watch and apperate away, accepting the blood injury on his face when the blast of a spell hit him. The flash of pink light was unexpected, as he had only ever heard rumors of the spell. It was a Ministry spell that caused minor pain, but Jacques had been sure it was a myth. Yet, the tinging pain that brought him to his knees and let the sting linger was not what he had expected. The former Eau had not expected the blast forcing him towards the wall either. He had still been on his knees when he was sent flying, the wall behind him and his back making a thudding noise as his legs bent uncomfortably underneath him.

Lick the blood on his lip, Jacques took a minute to stand up, pulling his own slender length of wood from inside his jacket. Had he had the time, he would have muttered a more powerful incantation, but he instead insisted on the full body bind. Upon that, Jacques lunged, leaping through the air with unnatural bounding and landed on top of Russel. In an instant, the man's teeth were bared and drawn dangerously close to the Auror's neck. The thing he had hated most he had become, so he was forced to succumb to the urges of the beast within. The heated breath left an echo in the tiny space between Jacques' mouth and Russel's flesh.

"I could do it. Even without the moon you wouldn't be the same." Jacques felt himself snarl lightly and he snapped back into reality. The world around him was now fuzzy, as if it had not happened but in a dream. Alas, he knew the things he had just said came from within him. Shaking his head, he growled and snapped next to Russel's ear and pushed up, using the other man's chest as the balance to stand.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Albeit, Russ was rather worried. He had been around plenty of werewolves and knew exactly how they could act when they had transformed. Seeing Jacques act in such a lupine manner sent a chill down the Auror's spine. If he had been in the least bit scared, his scowl led on to no such conclusion. Using magic and his own natural abilities had been a smart move by the man, and Russ was out played for now. I could do it. Even without the moon you wouldn't be the same. If anything was to result to a bite, Russ would be all the more a better Auror in his mind. What better way to track a target down than with an extreme case of the canine factor?

Relishing the fact that he had not been bitten, Russel was deeply sour about the fact that the wedding was being prolonged by the two men and their boyish impulses. Currently leaving the blame on the werewolf, Russ gnashed his teeth as he was freed from the body bind. It was one thing to hold up a wedding and ruin a tux, but it was another to show up an Auror. Gaining his composure, the former Flamme returned to his feet, and throwing his shoulders forward, fixed his tux jacket, brushing the dirt from the sleeves. He had cleaned the spot of blood from his sustaining head injury with a simple spell, but there would still be a bruise, only if you looked directly at the back of his head. Glaring at the man before him he began to walk past Jacques, pocketing his wand as he did.

"You should fix that black eye as well," As Jacques turned to watch Russel pass, the former Flamme stopped, turned abruptly and swung out with his hand. This time, there was no missing. Russ had completely caught Jacques' face, his fist clipping the former Eau beautifully. Shaking his fist to gain the feeling back as he left, Russ smirked knowing full well that there was going to be an explanation needed.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Mathieu
Main Character
Former Eau
Jacques Mathieu

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Again Jacques growled. Russel was much too audacious, but Jacques would not succumb again to his wolfish impulses. He had cleaned himself up a bit, but he knew not of any of the healing spells. For that reason, his lip was still pulsating, but at least the bleeding was subsiding. Applying a bit more pressure and licking his lip one last time, he felt the blood lingering no longer. He touched his lip and felt the sting, but was glad to see there was no blood on his finger. Only a simple residue remained. Jacques shook his mane of hair once more before getting ready to apperate to the wedding site, but was confronted once more.

When told he would want to get his black eye fixed, the former Eau was momentarily confused before the knuckles of the Auror met with his eye. Apperating to the wedding like this would either make Russel look like twice the man he was, since his knowledge did not contain healing spells, or appear like a tyrannical jerk. Hoping for the second, Jacques conjured a cold compress, pressing it to his eye. The cold hurt initially, but he applied it, ignoring the sensations to pull it away from the optical area. Ignoring the actions of the former Flamme, Jacques stood with the ice for a few moments still pressed on his eye.

Noting that the swelling had subsided slightly, he vanished the ice pack and glanced down at his watch. Time had been passing a bit too quickly for his own comfort. With that, he man conjured the magic from within and appearated from that point to the wedding site. Sticking around wouldn't do even if he did have to face the ridicule due to his injuries. At least now he had an excuse to shy away from wedding pictures.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Doloresta
Guest Character
Nicholas Doloresta

Character

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:34 pm

The bronze-haired wizard had apparated to the home of his grandmother Ophélie where he had spent summers as a child and was where his cousin, Maria had chosen as the site of her union with Jacob.

His eyes swept over the guests who chattered quietly amongst themselves as they waited for the ceremony to start.

“Hello, little brother.”

Nicholas grimaced at the patronizing greeting as he turned to face the blond man, “Brandon.” He responded, almost with a sigh.

Brandon spread his arms, “What, no brotherly embrace after being so long apart?”

He ignored the mocking inquiry, and instead remarked, “I’m not sure which surprises me more. That you came to Maria’s wedding, or that she actually sent you an invitation. Unless,” Nicholas added as an after-thought, “You decided to crash.”

“Sorry to burst your bubble, little brother. Maria invited me, I came. Why wouldn’t I come to her wedding anyway?”

The bronze-haired man rolled his eyes, “Gee, I don’t know Brad. Maybe because you were the reason why they broke up in the first place?”

Brandon smirked, stuffing his hands in his pocket as he surveyed their surroundings, “Childish pranks,” he said easily, “A thing of the past.”

“Even so, I never got the feeling that you approved of her relationship with Jacob,” The lawyer eyed his brother carefully, “Or was that jealously and a wounded ego from the knowledge that someone, especially our dear cousin, preferred him over you?”

“Jealous?” he repeated with a laugh, as his eyes settled on the groom, “Is that him then? Jacob?”

Nicholas glanced over in the direction of his brother’s stare, “Yes. That’s her Jacob.”

Her Jacob. How sweet.” Brandon’s upper lip curled mockingly, “Well. I guess I’ll leave you to it, Nicky.”

He clapped his hand upon his shoulder (unusually hard from the lawyer’s grimace) and sauntered off to take his place beside their parents who had even come down from England for the wedding.

Nicholas fixed his tie, wishing that the ceremony would hurry up and start. The last thing anyone needed was his ass of a brother stirring up trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why No Peeking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why No Peeking?   Why No Peeking? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why No Peeking?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After BBA :: Normandie :: The Wedding Of Maria & Jacob-
Jump to: