After BBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting an Acquaintance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Total Posts : 54

Character
Job: Auror
Blood: Half blood

Meeting an Acquaintance Empty
PostSubject: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 am

Having left his home for a reason other then the unhealthy call of his demanding job for the first time in years, Russ left in much better spirits. With Rhonwen perched atop his shoulder, giving the persistent mockery of the image of a pirate and it's parrot, the vacationing auror slipped seamlessly out of his apartment building and into the rush of the bustling pedestrians long before anyone watching could have witnessed his escape into the outside world. If Russel wanted to draw attention to himself, something that had been a natural inclination in his younger days, he would have to try very hard, even with the stark white falcon adorning his shoulder. His training in his field of work taught him to be quick and light on his feet, combining the killer tactics of stealth and camouflage with his natural athletic abilities. With this deadly combination, Russ was a hard man to keep track of and target, while at the same time, a genius in targeting his own assignments.

Donning a pair of aviator sunglasses, the shades were the kind of reflective lenses, with only Russ seeing out while those around him caught a glimpse of their own face staring back, the cunning wizard blended in with the members of the crowded streets of Vichy even with the subtraction of his normal wizarding garb. But after turning down a dark alley between two shops, a simple turn of apparation brought Russ out of the woods, and into the heavily populated Paris city streets. Even with Rhonwen accompanying him during the travel, the bird had been put through the strain of side-along apparation a few times during rendezvous that had turned for the worse and was now totally fine with it, Russ appeared behind a graffitied Muggle bus stop. Without even a word from it's master, the gyrfalcon took flight, taking to the skies with a simple flap of her powerful wings. She had been trained to do so immediately, in the off chance of an attack, but also, as a precaution. High above the ground she would peruse the skies, waiting for the call of her master to bring her back down. She was content with lofting about in the wind gusts until her services were required.

Taking the crumpled business card out of the pocket of his leather jacket, wizarding attire was no longer a wardrobe choice for Russ, as he preferred the comfort and fluidity of the Muggle clothing he was presently wearing, dark jeans, a simple t-shirt, and his leather jacket, which was charmed with anti-curse charms, Russel checked the destination. Conservatoire de Paris, yup, he had the right place. Jamming his holstered wand farther up the inside of his jacket, he hadn't need to be thought he was armed with a Muggle weapon, Russ scoped out the building in front of him before entering. Standard Muggle craftsmanship with hints of magic detailed the structure. Curious to his inquiry, he ventured inside, finding his only trouble to be the secretary at the front desk who failed to believe that his act of barging inside with out an appointment was typical nature. On the verge of calling for security, which Russ had scoped out already, two slightly overweight men standing against the adjacent sides of the entrance, who looked easily enough to take down with a well aimed jinx or punch, the receptionist gave in to his retortion.

"I'm an old friend of Mr. Auriole's." He implied, growing slightly annoyed by the showmanship of incompetence he was going through. Although Russ highly doubted Julian would recognize him. His work had marred the naive, boyish look he had always had. A thin, jagged scar visible on his upper right cheek, as well as the piercing glare of his dark eyes gave the threatening impression of a cold-hearted killer, which Russel didn't deny probably would cause himself to be worried if he ever barged into a building. His face was fixed in a permanent grimace, his mouth absent of anything remotely described as a smile. The evidence of grizzly facial hair, today he had actually shaved, but the shadow of his dark whiskers still showed upon his face. His slightly long hair needed another buzzing as soon as possible, but at least the somewhat remnants of his school days hair condition would be a slight clue to his old friend.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Total Posts : 125

Character
Job: Musician
Blood: Pure blood

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 am

"Try it once more, from the top," Julian kindly instructed a student of his mentor, older than him but needs fixing in the sight-reading department. In the absence of Peter Lyndon, Julian was often asked to do his easier classes like sight-reading and Analysis.

A few more minutes and Julian was satisfied, giving Peter's student a smile as he dismissed him. Sighing, Julian had the mind to arrange for another small tour with his manager in the hopes of avoiding teaching. He didn't mind teaching; if only he didn't lack the confidence.

"Julian Auriole, some scary-looking man is hunting you. Probably Mafia," a cool familiar voice was heard after Julian answered his phone. Trust the receptionist to hand him over to the Mafia at the first instant possible. Standing up, Julian cleared the room without magic. He then left the room and went to the lobby, wondering who was this "scary-looking man" and if he really planned to drag him to the Mafia.

Obviously he didn't expect it. He never even dreamed that he would be hearing from Russel Baudin after his former school mate promptly vanished after becoming an Auror. So when he saw an alarmingly gruff man, however young, he didn't think he was the same laughter-induced Flamme that he attended classes with so many years ago.

"Er, I was told you were looking for me?" he asked with ample curiosity.
Back to top Go down
http://julianauriole.livejournal.com
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 am

Raising an eyebrow at the receptionist who was now breathing deeply into her headset, Russel hoped she was calling for Julian and not the bulk of the security department. He had rather decided against using magic in front of Muggles, especially if there was no real threat. Plus, he hadn't taken time off of work just to sit around and wait for a whole lot of Muggles to have their memories erased. Smirking at the woman's mention of the word "mafia," Russ was somewhat flattered that she would be so quick to decide that he was a member of the biggest crime net on the planet. Soothing his conscience and his irked emotions, he took a seat against the wall the midst of a wait. With a smug look about her, the receptionist reluctantly admitted that Julian "would be out right away."

"Thank you for your understanding miss," With a placid smile and curt nod of his head, he tipped her off in gratitude for her services. Although probably as old, or even more so, as himself, there was nothing that greatly attracted the man to her. A rather plain face, hair pulled back into a formal bun, and thinly rimmed glasses she spouted on the end of her nose determined that the woman was merely all business. It really was a shame, Russ hadn't had any action in quite some time.

Er, I was told you were looking for me?

"Miss me much Auriole?" With a gruff grin plastered on his face, Russ rose immediately and walked forward at once. Pulling his old friend into a brotherly embrace, nothing like the wimpy handshake most people would have done in a time like this, for it had been quite a long time since he had seen the Eau boy. "Well, don't just stand there gawking at me like some imp just yanked your trousers, say something!"

Russel didn't blame Julian one bit for his display of hesitance. How often is it that somebody walks out of your life, and reappears years later, expecting nothing to be changed? Although Russ did have to admit, Julian had aged gracefully, still looking like the budding eighteen year old he was after graduating from Beauxbâtons, while he himself took a turn for a worse. Well, not entirely for worse. Although he had lost his former boyish look and attitude, the innocence Russ lost was replaced with a look and feeling of sheer, unadulterated maturity. To put it simply, it now looked and felt, as if Russ was the much older man.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:38 am

Miss me much Auriole?

The stranger gave him a gruff smile, and in effect, Julian was strongly reminded of someone he knew years ago. If not for the thin scar on the cheek and the slightly unkempt look, he would have immeditely thought that this was Russel Baudin.

He tried to remember what Russel looked like the last time they saw each other. Surely Russel would understand why he didn't recognize him instantly; he had changed a lot. The expression on his face, the manner in which he brought himself-- but of course, they all grew up. Maybe it was just Julian who didn't change so much; because he has led a relatively sheltered life even after graduating.

Like most of the people he knew at school, Julian had no idea what happened to his friend after the last time they saw each other. All he knew was that Russ was on his way to becoming an Auror, and that was it. The way Julian conveniently forgot about the Flamme was not the way a friend would act, except for the times he would remember his school days and the people involved then. One would think Julian thought Russel was dead.

Yet the tone of voice, the way he was certain Julian would know him instantly, the boyish familiarity and the brotherly embrace that the Eau returned, albeit hesitantly; all these clues strengthened Julian's suspicion that Russel wasn't dead and was actually standing in front of him, looking somewhat amused at his disbelief.

Well, don't just stand there gawking at me like some imp just yanked your trousers, say something!

"Baudin," Julian couldn't help but mention the name in order to recognize the face. His face broke into a relaxed smile, then into a chuckle, and finally Julian laughed. For one moment he thought he wouldn't be able to recognize the person before him, but he did, and Julian was relieved. He gave Russel another brotherly embrace, a more enthusiastic one, in apology for his hesitation earlier.

"I thought you were dead!" Julian exclaimed as he let go, his loud voice earning several looks from passing students. "How are you? Where were you?" he asked in a more subdued tone, but his face was thoroughly pleased, if not excited.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 pm

"You know, I seem to have that affect on a lot of people more and more these days," Russ replied nonchalantly as Julian mistook him for being dead. Obviously, he had meant more to his dear friend then he had remembered, for it seemed that after the initial shock, and then the excited hung in return, Julian was back to his old, giddy, school-boy self. It was probably so weird for the former Eau to be in the same room with his old colleague, especially after the huge lapse of socializing they had. How long exactly had it been? Three years? Four? Even five?! Merlin's beard, Russel swore in his head. He really needed to get out more! Correction: he really need more time off of work.

How are you? Where were you?

Russel grinned, noticing the look of pure joy on Julian's face. Really, was he missed that much? It wasn't that Russel didn't feel happy to see his old friend either, but the fact that he had mentally and emotionally cut off his memories of his friends on purpose once he started his training, it just made living things like this now so much harder to realize. Besides, shedding his skin of his old persona made room for the auror, warrior-like, rock taunt Russ. On a rather dark note, in the off chance of getting himself in a bad jamb, the loss of memories of his close friends would save their loves in the end, and honestly, Russ wouldn't want to cause any more pain then he had already done during his course of seven years at the Academy.

"I'm on vacation from work." He replied rather slowly, as if choosing the right words. You never knew who could be watching, or even listening. He eyed Julian carefully while he spoke, trying to coerce his comrade gently that they should talk about details in a more private environment. "I was traveling around eastern Europe for awhile, a bit of troubling business had the boss worried, so I did a few follow-ups on a couple of the job sites. Nothing too difficult, it's just rather prolonged work, time consuming as hell! Unfortunately, I had to lay off some of the guys, not doing what they're supposed to be, and you know how much I hate being the bad guy."

Or course, while trying to sound like he was beating around the bush, Russel was actually dumbing down a nine month long chase that had branched off of a lead some two years ago. Having to file reports on people he had brought in to the Ministry, "trouble-makers" he had taken out of action, was not exactly a walk in the park either. To put it simply, he had went through hell and back, but was sure as hell glad to be on a break, too bad the Ministry wouldn't approve of how he was spending it though. Aurors were supposed to be super tough security, emotionless and entirely focused, and here Russel was, having been hurting people his entire life, and now he was doing it for his job. He had to fix some things while he had the chance, couldn't he?
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 pm

"Well, I'm glad you chose to visit," Julian replied, nodding. As he spoke, he caught the implied meaning of the other man's look, making Julian wonder if he was actually hiding from the Ministry. But shaking the thought off his mind, Julian listened patiently as Russel talked about his work.

A few acquaintances caught his eye and were clamoring for attention, but Julian ignored them for a while. Celebrity's prerogative, he would call it. He checked his watch, and figuring that Peter would be arriving soon to take over his classes, Julian decided to take off and bring Russel to a more suitable place for conversation.

"There's a cafeteria nearby, how about some lunch?" Julian offered.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:26 pm

"Perfect." Russ replied curtly, a smile balancing atop his mouth as his stomach growled softly. He had forgotten to eat when he had returned home. However, as a second thought, there probably wasn't anything worthwhile to eat in his cupboards. That is, if there was any food left from his last visit that hadn't gone bad before his house elf cleaned it out. A smug smile and a shake of the head was all that Russ could muster at the thought of "visiting" his home. What had he gotten himself into?

"I was quite surprised to find Maria and Jacob's engagement notification in my mail when I returned home," The muttered phrase slipped out as Russ began following Julian back towards the cafeteria. He couldn't help but take a gander at all of the modern marvels the building held. It seemed that every room they passed, a melodious tune of some kind breeched the brick walls and traveled out into the corridors. It was absolute bliss to Russel's ears.

"You've done yourself good Julian." He retorted quietly, proud of his friend. He had followed his life's dream to the fullest, and was now working at one of the country's top musical schools. Yet, Russ had done the same, followed his dream job, but why hadn't he achieved that unmistakeable pleasure strutted across Julian's face? Could something be missing in his own life?
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:40 pm

I was quite surprised to find Maria and Jacob's engagement notification in my mail when I returned home,

Julian chuckled as he led Russel inside the main building, passing several studios where chamber music students were rehearsing. Mozart, Beethoven... Julian even caught snatches of Handel, and it wasn't even Christmas season.

"It was worth a shot," Julian admitted, referring to the mail. "After all, you and Jacob had been the best of mates back then," he added as they turned round a corner. He passed by the room where he had his last lesson before being summoned by the receptionist that morning, and signalling to Russel for a while, Julian took a quick look to see if his mentor was inside. Julian felt relieved to see Peter, and he moved on, guiding his friend to the cafeteria.

You've done yourself good Julian.

Julian smiled as he pushed the door open. He was greeted by the familiar aroma of edible food and seeing the tables were rather full, Julian narrowed his eyes in an attempt to scan for the smallest hint of available space.

"Bingo," he muttered, and sailed for the booth that he found.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 pm

After all, you and Jacob had been the best of mates back then,

"That's just the thing, it's been several years since I've even sent an owl to either of them." Russ frowned at the thought that Julian had brought up. Truth be told, ever since he had graduated, the Flamme had been in and out of contact with his best mate. The time spent with the Ciel dwindled down month after month until it seemed as if Jacob was even alive to Russel. However, the same argument could be said about Russ too, it wasn't Jacob who was the one who went off and joined the Ministry as an Auror.

"I do appreciate the gesture though. I just wish it hasn't been so long since I've talked to Jacob." He had felt so much worse now that the talk had turned back to the extremely negative side of his profession. It really did feel like a burden to Russ now more than ever. He guessed that the fact of reliving old memories just pained him in that way.

Bingo.

Luckily Julian had found an empty booth, as Russel's stomach was about ready to launch itself at the sight of every morsel of food at the tables of every other patron. Following his friend's lead, he slid into the opposite bench of the booth, across from Julian. Not wanting to lose anything else, he dived right in to the next topic on hand. "How about you? Any engagements that I should know about? Married with kids, to be more precise?"
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:09 am

I do appreciate the gesture though. I just wish it hasn't been so long since I've talked to Jacob.

He noted the tone in which it was said, but Julian didn't have the opportunity to delve into it, much less the desire. Based what Russel has been sharing in the past few minutes, Julian could tell that his friend is somehow feeling a loss, friendship and time-wise.

How about you? Any engagements that I should know about? Married with kids, to be more precise?

Unable to resist expressing his humor, Julian laughed in a carefree manner. Why not? They haven't seen each other in years, thus, Julian was unable to share his personal life to Russel the way he was able to make Jacob and Maria aware of it.

Shaking his head, Julian answered with a smile, "I am, thankfully, at the phase right before my current love affair expires," meaning he was about to break up with his last girlfriend, and hopefully, remain celibate until he found someone he wanted to marry.

"I'm planning to make a tour after Jacob and Maria's wedding, so I don't think I'll be getting engaged anytime soon," he said further. Julian's favorite waitress then sashayed over to their table and cheerfully asked them whether they would like something.

"Coffee and a sandwich, darling," Julian replied promptly and turning to his companion, "Russ?"
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:40 am

I am, thankfully, at the phase right before my current love affair expires,

"You dog," Came Russ's reply, shaking his head and stifling a laugh. It seemed that Julian was headed in the right direction though, dating girls until they had either passed or failed his expectations to marry. He was definitely keeping his priorities straight, unlike the childish, school-years type of dating, where people just dated for the hell of it. Russel wished he could say the same for him, but ever since graduating, he was successfully cursed at keeping a girl around for too long. Even after becoming an auror, you would think chicks would dig that sort of thing, but he was lucky to have the occasional weekend fling every once in awhile.

"I'll have a bowl of whatever soup of the day it is, and a cup of coffee as well," He replied to the rather bodacious blonde waitress of theirs. Certainly easier on the eyes than the prissy secretary from earlier, the girl in front of them seemed to have a much more bubblier attitude. Giving her a favored charismatic smile, something he had not done in quite a long time, he figured he should just leave it at that after seeing the little eye candy look in each of Julian and her eyes.

"What else am I currently unaware of due to my unfortunate and untimely death?" He joked as soon as the waitress left to deliver their order.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm

"We have cream of lettuce for today," she told Russel amiably, "so that's two cups of coffee... I'll leave yours black, Julian dear.., then a sandwich and soup," the waitress recited, winking at Russel before she sailed away from them.

What else am I currently unaware of due to my unfortunate and untimely death?

Julian chuckled accordingly. Musing for a bit to find a suitable answer to the question, Julian decided to share the latest endeavor he's keeping track of back in Nice.

"I have a band of house elves back in my apartment, they're currently training themselves on jazz music and perhaps make a debut in Paris later this year, Christmas season, I think. They're asking me to be their manager, but I'm hopeless when it comes to those kinds of things, so I'm on the lookout for potentials," he said.

"They're quite good, actually," he commented further. "I'd be very happy to see them make a name," he added fondly before taking a hold of himself.

"Oh, but would you rather talk about the wedding?" he switched back to the topic of Jacob and Maria.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:57 am

"Honestly?" Russ' curious reply was issued with a particularly scathing look thrown in Julian's direction. An answer like that was almost always just nonsense, but with Julian, you could never know. Keeping his tongue held fast in place, a smart retort on it's tip, Russel refrained from replying with a well to do, "and you wonder why you're not married yet." Stifling a small laugh, a simple grin just glazed his face. "Well, that's an interesting hobby!"

Oh, but would you rather talk about the wedding?

Shaking his head at the reply, Russ let a small laugh leave his mouth. Pausing only a moment to thank the waitress as she reappeared with their steaming cups of coffee, he continued speaking only after she had, unfortunately, left.

"I think we can manage to talk about that. I can only imagine how to two of them of acting and dealing with all he stress." He muttered with a smirk hovering upon his face. He knew how nervous Jacob could get, and how anxious and demanding Maria could turn out to. "When's the big day again?"
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:19 am

Julian took a tentative sip, trying to avoid a scorched tongue like the last time he hurried with drinking his coffee. It was bitter and tasteless, unless of course he counted the "taste" of coffee, which, in Julian's opinion, was... meh.

I think we can manage to talk about that. I can only imagine how to two of them of acting and dealing with all the stress.

He nodded with a grin; if only Russel was there to see it. Couple of weeks after the engagement announcement, Julian had been unceremoniously dragged from his quiet, semi-bachelor life into the chaotic organization of an event called "wedding plans". He had been assigned with trying to look for old school contacts and taking care of the invitations like the one that showed up on Russel's mail.

When's the big day again?

"Sometime around mid-April," Julian answered after thinking, trying to see if he got the approximate right before nodding again.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:41 am

As Julian nodded in return, Russel took a moment to take a sip of his coffee, having left it alone for a few moments to cool down some, as he would not like to have an engorged tongue from drinking the scalding liquid. Although it was probably plain, the blend of the coffee beans was probably of a higher quality than what Russ was used to whipping a few cups up of in the morning to wake his sorry, worked ass. He always took his coffee black, dark with a hard hitting taste that awakened the senses, which was just what he needed on those long nights and days tracking. But even more so, the availability of cream and sugar, nonessentials that he had to go without for so long, drove Russ crazy. Dumping in three spoonfuls of sugar, and a toss of cream, he mixed it together, and inhaled the nutty, hazelnut flavor.

"Ahhh, you know, there's really nothing like having cream and sugar in coffee after years of that staunchy straight black coffee." Russ leaned back in his seat, feeling a bit more comfortable. The turn of events for the day had proven themselves quite good.

Sometime around mid-April.

"So, barely three months away? I bet things are getting pretty hectic right about now. Good thing I wasn't around to get dragged into this mess." With a shrug, Russ went back to sipping the glorious cup of coffee in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:52 pm

"Lucky you," Julian muttered under his breath, but his eyes were smiling above the steaming cup of coffee when he took another sip. If he could read the signs right, his old friend had not been so lucky at all, unless he regarded his being cut-off from people because of too much work as lucky. He was mulling this over when he sensed that the waitress would now be coming back with his sandwich; an insufficient day meal for a hungry man, but it will do, for the bulk of his meals are eaten at home, where he can whip up lovely meals for himself, sometimes with Faye, occasionally with Peter, and sometimes with both Faye and Peter.

The waitress was back, with her sunny smile and a tray containing Julian's sandwich and Russel's soup. As she placed the plate and bowl on the table, she said to Julian, "You know we love each other and all but I've been meaning to say this," and she turned to Russel with a mischievious smile, "but where have you been? I've been looking for a guy like you all my life!"

And she laughed heartily before giving them a friendly wave and sashaying back to the kitchen. Julian caught her humor, his features lighting up with amusement as he laughed along with her, and was still chuckling even when she was gone.

"Sorry, that was," he tried to explain, "her way of complimenting people, I suppose." Julian remembered the time when the same waitress said the same thing when she first saw him, back when he was new at the conservatory.

"Anyway," he went back in topic, "when are you planning to show up on Jacob and Maria's door?"
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Russ gave a gruff laugh in return to Julian's comment on the disclosure of coffee treats. One would hardly call his lifestyle "lucky." It was not the easiest job in the world, being time consuming and so demanding with one's physical and emotional capabilities and all. Russ really envied the job Julian had, a nice, cushy time playing piano and teaching it, cheeky git. Julian was the one who should be called lucky.

But where have you been? I've been looking for a guy like you all my life! Raising an eyebrow to the waitress' random comment, Russ tried not to laugh too abruptly. He grinned at her comment, hoping for a fact that she could read his mind for those few brief moments, but then was discouraged slightly when it seemed that Julian had witnessed her friendly nature being exerted onto other people as well.

When are you planning to show up on Jacob and Maria's door?

"Not entirely sure," Russ replied, shaking his head to double his answer. "When do you think is a good time for me to drop in unexpectedly, Mr. WeddingPlanner?"
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:45 am

"Anytime, except perhaps during evenings..," Julian answered promptly, wondering if he should warn Russ about Jacob and Maria's 'how-do-you-know-we-don't-have-anything-romantic-planned-tonight?' routine, whether in jest or in truth. Perhaps he should. He'll never know what time Auror-type of people like Russel usually choose to make an appearance.

"..cause you know, they might have something planned during dinner," he added as an explanation. Julian began picking on his sandwich, biting off a portion and chewing in his best hungry-but-dignified manner.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 pm

"Understandable," Russ replied nonchalantly at the mention of Julian's after thought. It was probably none of his business to know what the two engaged people were to do with their private time, although Russ was slightly dying to know exactly how different his two friends were. Now that had he returned from a seemingly long and distant job "transfer," Russ could begin to take hold of his old life for awhile now. Unfortunately, that would have to end sooner or later with the upcoming deadline of his vacation time away from work.

He sighed a moment later, deciding that it would not be best to became so emotional at a time like this. Following his friend's lead, Russ dug into his soup, sloughing down two huge spoonfuls before realizing that the soup was still steaming. Looking a bit like an idiot for burning himself, he sheepishly took a sip of his coffee to soothe is burning throat.

"I feel like I've been so far out of the loop since everybody graduated. Have you kept in contact with anybody else since then?" He was really curious to see how many people Julian still kept in contact with. It was definitely saddening to know that he had basically either given the cold shoulder to everyone or just dropped off of the face of the planet into nonexistence not too long after graduation.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 am

"Not as often as I would like," Julian admitted ruefully, "I've kept contact with my batchmates from Eau, but not as regular as one would think, especially some of them actually live around here. Maria's my best friend, but I almost wasn't able to communicate with her while she was away in England for years. I would've been stuck in Jacob's company if not for that book he's working on and my performance tours."

"It's not the same anymore. I haven't heard about Helene, for example. And Veronique and Armelle. So you're not really that 'far out of the loop', Russ. It's certainly difficult to maintain ties formed in school when career-wise everyone is heading off in various directions," Julian said, trying to inject something that might lessen what he suspected as Russel's feeling of unease?--guilt?--loneliness?--over the whole business of being mistaken for dead. If he had known what kept the former Flamme from sending a small owl to friends once in while, Julian would never have made that little jab. I thought you were dead!? Geez.

Julian went back to his sandwich, took another bite and chewed on it thoughtfully. His phone then rang out his favorite piano piece in polytone, so Julian fished his favorite Muggle device out his pocket to check if it was a call, or a text message.

It was call. And it was from Faye. "Excuse me for a bit," he said to Russel before answering, "'allo?"

"No, I can't. I'm with someone right now. No," and Julian laughed, "Not her. An old friend from school. Yes, for the wedding. No. No. You can't. Trust me, you can't. No, I'm telling you, you definitely can't. I won't allow it. Really? I'm telling your aunt then. Good. Yes. Alright. Take care," and he hung up, facing Russel once more.

'Sorry, that was, uh.. close to family," he said vaguely. "Where were we?"
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

"Well, at least you've had productive things to keep you occupied with," Russ replied at the mention of Julian's doings and his inability to stay connected for too much with former BBA students as well. His bubble of thought was quietly shattered for a moment when he had mentioned Veronique and Armelle. He hadn't seen the two Terre girls since that year after graduation where he had stayed on as Castel's aide. It was really an odd feeling, but Russ missed Veronique, even after these terribly long years. He was to be 24 soon, and those 5 long years since he had last saw the two girls though probably didn't do much to help his current status with them. When he had last saw them, Armelle was glaring daggers at him and Veronique looked as if she was about to burst into tears any moment. It wasn't exactly a sweat farewell.

Excuse me for a bit,

Russ raised an eyebrow at the sight of the Muggle device in his friend's hands, but figured that with a career like his, something more efficient than owls would have to do. However, he did feel rather irksome, he had always thought that Julian would be one of the few to staunchly rebel against the idea of reverting to the use of Muggle devices. Shaking the notion off, he concentrated on his clearly diminishing bowl of soup by the second. He mainly kept out of Julian's conversation for the sake of the man's privacy, as it was best not to dabble in uncharted territory like that. However, at the mention of "family friend," Russ so keen to accepting that answer just yet.

"You were explaining about how everyone's career took them off in different directions," He answered nonchalantly, taking another sip of his coffee. After dabbing his mouth with a napkin, he thoughtlessly turned the tide of the conversation. "Speaking of Veronique, you don't happen to know off chance what exactly she's doing nowadays do you?"
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:31 pm

You were explaining about how everyone's career took them off in different directions,

"Ah," Julian mumbled, but whatever he wanted to say next was forgotten when he had to take a sip of his coffee before he choked. He was spared from trying to get back on track of the conversation when Russel conveniently switched topics.

Speaking of Veronique, you don't happen to know off chance what exactly she's doing nowadays do you?

"No," Julian replied, "I haven't heard of her since she graduated. Though I wonder.." and he trailed off, trying to remember if the news he heard sometime ago was related to what they were talking about. He had heard it from his dad the last time he visited his family and childhood home, when the subject of finding a new home was brought up. He said that the old abandoned house he was thinking of referring to a friend who wanted to settle in Nice seemed to have been occupied again lately. Probably by the real owner. Julian thought the area was where Veronique used to live. It wasn't probable, but it was possible. It might turn out to be nothing at all.

"...I wonder if she has gone back to her old home," Julian said vaguely, then shook his head. "I'm sorry, I don't think I could be of much help. Perhaps you could use your Ministry connections, I'm sure they're aware of such things."
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:58 pm

I haven't heard of her since she graduated.

"Oh." Russ' reply was simple, but entirely direct. It wasn't that he had been expecting an answer from Julian that assured Russ that the two were to drop an owl off every once in a while, but some form of assurance that his ex-girlfriend was doing alright would have been good. He tried to pass the sudden concerned look off as a hunger pain and quickly swallowed the rest of his soup. Wiping his mouth in his napkin, he set his empty bowl aside. Palming his mug of coffee, he blew a bit on the wavering steam. Why was he so jittery about the subject of Veronique?

...I wonder if she has gone back to her old home, I'm sorry, I don't think I could be of much help. Perhaps you could use your Ministry connections, I'm sure they're aware of such things.

Russ nodded his understanding. Julian had given a valuable point, and he quickly wondered why he hadn't thought of it before. Of course, being an auror now and all, he'd have the clearance to go through the archives of official Ministry documents and search for the protection program details of the past. If the current protected folks were somehow troubled, which he could easily attest to seeing as several people know of the girls whereabouts now, Russ could simply run by to check up on the current situation. Standard procedure of course, seeing as Veronique and her family had sought the Ministry's protection during her days at BBA.

"Thanks Julian, I'll have to check it out." He finally muttered after a few moments of silent thought.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 pm

"No problem," Julian replied, finishing his sandwich and coffee with ease. He waited for Russel to finish before hailing the waitress for their bill. She happily sauntered over to their table, carrying her usual pen and paper plus the bill folder, which she promptly handed to Julian. While the pianist busied himself with payment and tip, the waitress fished out a small card where her name and business address was printed and handed it to Russel with a wink. Apparently, being waitress was just for extra cash, and her official line of work was for a local orchestra. She then took the bill folder which Julian held out for her, conveniently missing the little stunt she just pulled.

"Thank you, darling," she said to Julian before leaving.

"Oh well, I guess, if I'm going to visit Maria and/or Jacob, now would be a good time, at least while you're here and I can drag you along with me. So, are you up for it?" Julian asked, figuring that Russel might be in the mood of meeting more school friends, seeing how bothered he had been with the apparent death of his social life.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm

"Yeah, thanks," Russ replied, a smirk etched upon his face as the waitress bobbed away with the check in hand. Smiling, he placed the card in the front pocket of his coat. Who knew, it may have come in handy later. Most definitely on second thought. Forgetting about Julian for a moment, Russ turned back to his friend.

"How much was my portion of the bill?" It was bad enough he had walked out of his friend's life, and now here he was paying for his own lunch. "In fact, I think I owe you for yours as well. Spit it out Auriole."

Nevertheless, Julian continued with his train of thought. Oh well, I guess, if I'm going to visit Maria and/or Jacob, now would be a good time, at least while you're here and I can drag you along with me. So, are you up for it?

"Of course," He replied monotonously, hoping that the former Eau wasn't changing the subject on purpose. "But only after you let me reimburse you for the cost of our bill."
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:40 am

But only after you let me reimburse you for the cost of our bill.

"Huh?" Julian said, not getting it the first time in his preoccupation with deciding whether he would take Russel to Jacob and Maria's apartment in wizarding or the Muggle way. They couldn't just Apparate out of the conservatory in front of all these Muggles, so in one way or another, he and the Auror would have to take the public transportation, either directly to Maria's apartment or to the nearest Apparition point.

"Oh, alright," he then said when he realized what Russel was trying to say, though he was wondering why his friend would want to do the paying when it was Julian who did the inviting. Then again, it might be a personal matter for the former Flamme, so Julian acquiesed, placing the receipt across the table towards him. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

"I think I made the mistake of assuming that you weren't carrying Muggle money around with you," Julian admitted sheepishly, which was exactly the reason why he took their bill in the first place, "so, I'm sorry about that."
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:24 pm

"Oh, my dear friend," Russ grinned with the pleasure of a cat with a mouse in its paw at the unsuspecting Julian seated across the table from him. "There are many things that you do not know about you still." With a casual reach inside his jacket, he revealed a small pouch attached to the lining. Opening gently, he slid a hand inside to grab a handful of paper Muggle money. His job was demanding, and travels to far off places required Russ to blend in no matter what the circumstance. Thumbing past currency of Canadian bills, America dollars (which were horrible of no use anymore), and a few asian bills no recognizable at first glance, Russ found a hefty supply of euros. Grabbing the appropriate amount, he slide the pile of bills across the table to Julian.

"So then, my good pal, how shall we be traveling?" With an inquisitive look, he restocked the secret pouch with the handbills and held a saintly smile, as if one with a deep, hidden agenda.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:15 am

Julian nearly rolled his eyes at the slightly patronizing tone that his Auror friend used, but it was his stupid mistake and Russel could hardly be blamed if Julian assumed a lot of things. Admitting that bit of stupidity to himself did nothing except chip a few edges from his block of ego, but it was better that way; goodness know how many times so many people complained about that aspect of the musician.

"So then, my good pal, how shall we be traveling?"

"Since you're a very skilled Auror," Julian began, taking the money and stashing it inside his wallet, "I wouldn't trust myself to keep up with your Apparating abilities. No need for me to get lost on the way, right?"

Julian then stood up, caught the flying kiss that the waitress gave him when he caught her eye and proceeded to lead Russel out of the sassy cafeteria.

"I've tried going to Maria's apartment using Muggle transportation, and it's very amusing," he said.
Back to top Go down
Russel Baudin
Main Character
Former Flamme
Russel Baudin

Character

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Following Julian's lead, Russ gathered himself and headed out after the blonde. Waving politely to the sassy waitress who returned a bodacious wink in his direction, he stifled a few unmentionable thoughts and continued on his way. Laughing at his friend's comment about his apparition abilities, Russ figured that it would probably be best to take a Muggle method of travel, instead of embarrassing the man by using his preferred version of side-along apparition in order to keep him close to Russ during the travel. Although some would think it funny, Julian had an image to keep up in order to be continuously respected in his field of work.

I've tried going to Maria's apartment using Muggle transportation, and it's very amusing,

Russ nodded his head in agreement, knowing exactly what Julian had meant. "Ever try flying the Muggle way, inside a screaming metal death trap?" The ex-Quidditch player from his school days absolutely hated the thought, nevertheless the act of flying without a broom. It was just horrid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting an Acquaintance   Meeting an Acquaintance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting an Acquaintance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After BBA :: Paris :: Conservatoire de Paris-
Jump to: