After BBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Knock, Knock. Who's There?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Total Posts : 50

Character
Job: Potioneer
Blood: Pure blood

Knock, Knock. Who's There? Empty
PostSubject: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:11 am

A soft sigh escaped pale pink lips as it melted into the soft breeze. In front of a long ago abandoned house stood a slim, red headed figure. The funny thing was though that the house didn't seem so abandoned. The windows were clean and there seemed to be a light on behind closed curtains. Armelle Champney was certain that some one was living here. The question was though, who?

Veronique, Armelle's best friend from school had told her about the house and how this was where she lived as a child. She also told Armelle that their family has deserted it in attempts to escape her bastard of father. Could the man have home to wait for his family? If so did Armelle really want to meet him?

The whole point of this side trip was that since she was in Nice, she would at least check on the house just to make sure it was safe and not totally trashed. If there was someone living in this house that shouldn't then it was only right that she take care of it. Gathering up her courage and discreetly griping her wand Armelle knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Total Posts : 31

Character
Job: Healer Trainee
Blood: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:23 am

Veronique had been sitting in her living room in a pair of comfortable jeans and an old Beauxbatons t-shirt that she made while still going to school. She was studying her healing material. If she was going to take a break from training she still needed to keep up with the new and latest ideas. But, she was reading an old potions researching journal that she had made while she was still going to school.

Knock Knock

Who in the world would that be? No one hardly came to see Veronique since hardly anyone knew her connection to this place or there was also that no one knew she was lving there. Setting down her books she got walked towards the door. Looking through the peephole she saw the top of a red-head. Thinking that maybe it was some salesperson she stood there for a second deciding whether or not to open the door. But, the person obviously heard her coming and saw the light coming from the lamp that she used for light. Heaving a sigh she opened the front door.

"Whatever your selling I don't," then the sudden realisation came over her, "OH MY GOD," she yelled, "ARMELLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE," she shirieked in absolute and utter joy hugging her friend all the while.

"Come in, come in"
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:43 am

Completely flabbergasted and mouth open in surprise, Armelle Aloud herself to be pulled into a huge hug. It was Veronique living here? Sure the house was beautiful how could she live here with all the ghost of her past lurking around ever corner?

Finally free of her friends grasp, the young woman was able to start answering questions. "I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would check things out at your old house. When I saw someone living here I got worried."

She had entered her old friend’s house as she spoke, and dropped her heavy travel backpack by the door. The couch looked very inviting and Armelle had been on her feet for hours. Usually that didn't bother her but by just being surrounded by these comforts she felt spoiled.

She hoped that Ronnie would sit with her. Catching up on old and new times seemed like an awesome idea while they were both there. "So Ronald, what have you been up to since I've been on my travels?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:48 am

I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would check things out at your old house. When I saw someone living here I got worried.

Why would she be worried...oh there was that," There is no need to be worried I'm pretty sure you know that I can handle things on my own"

Seeing the heavy travel bag that Armelle had dropped down, she began to see how tired she really looked. Veronique took out her cherrywood wand closed her books and moved them to the correct shelves so Armelle could have to room to sit down

"Go ahead, sit down, or lay down, it doesn't really matter. Would you like anything to drink or eat? Anything? Wait did you just call me...Ronald?"
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:07 am

Armelle watched her best friend desperately try to clean and make her comfortable. Little did she know that Armelle was very comfortable on the couch. Armelle quickly grasped the woman around the wrist to settle her down.

"No, I don't need anything to eat. I ate while I was in town. What I need is for you to calm down," She tried use a soothing voice but quickly changed it to joking, "It's only me you know and you've gotten yourself so worked up you missed my question. I asked 'What have you been up to, Ronald?'"

She patted the seat next to her hoping that Ronnie would sit.
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:17 am

Before she knew it Veronique was slammed back down on her own couch and forced to sit. This did calm her down from her provious excitement and she was able to comprehend the question the Chicken had just asked her.

It's only me you know and you've gotten yourself so worked up you missed my question. I asked 'What have you been up to, Ronald?

She made herself a little more comfortable on her own couch by slouching back a little bit and taking a couple of deep breaths,"First of all, only you! You are my best friend. Secondly, why in the world did you call me Ronald, "the name Ronald spit out of her mouth like a swear, she had always hated that nickname, " And third of all I am a Healer in training. I took some time off so I could get away from the dorms. I still study and do all my work. And the house was never sold and it just needed a little cleaning up. The furniture was here and everything. We just picked up anything we could and we left. What in the world have you been up to..Chicken."

Veronique let the last word of Chicken let out since Armelle had returned the favor of calling her Ronald. She smiled a sly smile towards her best friend and let her start her story.
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:34 am

"Why did I call you Ronald? Because you've always seemed like a Ronald-y type of per son me," Armelle shrugged her shoulders and shook her head "Who knows though. Maybe you have become more of a Bob." She couldn't help but let a few giggle pass through he lips.

The question was the returned to her. What had she been up to? Where to start! There were many stories she could tell but best to stick with the simple version for now. She was tired.

"Well you remember how into potions I was when we attended Beauxbatons? Well when I graduated school I had no idea what I wanted to do in my life. All I knew was that I wanted to do something with my passion and skill.

"I decided that the best thing to do was research. So I set off a week after graduation and have been at it ever since. It doesn't really make money but every now and again I discover something new or a new way to use something old. I've been working on different potions as well.

"I just returned to France yesterday. I was in Italy before here. Usually I try to stay at muggle youth hostels or if I can't then I rent board somewhere. I'm 21 now though and soon I won't be able to stay at youth hostels."

That was the simple version. She would go more into detail later but for now she just wanted to hear more about Veronique. "So you steal want to be a healer? Very nice. But have you met anyone?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Veronique let a small throaty laugh escape from her lips as Armelle mentioned their old childhood names. As Armelle told Veronique her story she nodded at the correct parts and her mouth was open because of all the accomplishments that Armele had told her about. She had really followed her dream. Whereas Veronique, decided a more practical appraoch something she knew that she would enjoy but it wouldn't be her life and her entire passion. Sure healing had almost everything that she enjoyed, potions, tranfiguration, etc. But, she liked being put in a much more pressurized environment, like as if lit were life or death. Overall, healing made Veronique's mother happy and it made herself happy but it would not be her passion. For this, she envied Armelle.

So you still want to be a healer? Very nice. But have you met anyone?

"I do want to be a Healer. It is a long and tiring path but I think it will be worth it. What else would I do with my life anyways," she laughed, "Have I met anyone? Meaning am I single. The answer is yes. Sure there were a couple of parties here and there where I met some nice young men but nothing really caught my eye. What about you?" her left eyebrow raised at this question. After all of her travels she had to have met somebody.
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Armelle had to laugh at the very idea of her finding a man. She hadn't been able (nor did she want to) hold down a boyfriend since graduating from school. She liked to have casual flings every now and again but with her travels she always met new people. it wasn't like she was afraid of settling down or anything, now of course not. She just wanted to have fun while her youth lasted.

"Nope, no boyfriends for me. I'm too young for boyfriends."

As much as she didn't want to, Armelle yawned. It had been a while since she got a decent night’s sleep. All she wanted to do was talk to Ronnie all night but that would have to wait. "Listen Ron, I think we may have to wait a bit for our catch up talk. I feel like my eyes want to glue shut. Would you mind if I stayed here?"
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Character

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Nope, no boyfriends for me. I'm too young for boyfriends.

Veronique chuckled. It's true they are both young and single. They have to go out sometime, see the world. See what other fish lied in the sea. I was getting late now and Veronique let a yawn escape her mouth.

Listen Ron, I think we may have to wait a bit for our catch up talk. I feel like my eyes want to glue shut. Would you mind if I stayed here?

She smiled because they yawned almost seconds from each other,"Sure no problem. Here I can send your bags to your room. You can stay in my old bedroom it is quite roomy and you can see the river," with a wave of her wand the bags were in the room.

Veronique turned off the lights and led the way up the stairs to the bedroom. Gesturing towards the bed she said goodnight to her best friend and went to her own bed where she fell asleep easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock, Knock. Who's There?   Knock, Knock. Who's There? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knock, Knock. Who's There?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After BBA :: Nice :: La Maison de Boulet-
Jump to: